Saturday, June 26, 2010

Paddle Boat Queen



After going out in the city last night for my friend's birthday, I thought it would be yet another fun thing to suggest for summer fun!


I'm on a Boat Bitch ---T-Pain


Some of the positives:




  • Great views of the city at night, including the Statue of Liberty which was lit up beautifully
  • Air-conditioned
  • Great drinks, reasonable bar prices
  • Larger-than-expected bathrooms; clean.
  • Great DJ
  • Inexspensive


Some negatives:




  • The food straight up, sucked!
  • They claimed there was a dress code.  Surprise!  They let people on with boots/jeans/sneakers.
  • Smoking  (I know it's a boat, but be conscious when blowing the smoke in people's faces)


As you can see the positives outweigh the negatives.  Overall, we had a really good time.  A lot of reggaeton, salsa, merengue and even more B.I.G. and hip-hop.  A lot of dancing was had by all. I danced for 3 hours straight without taking a break.  I even had a Bar Bitch that fetched my drinks, so I didn't have to leave the dance floor.   I made the mistake of wearing my "MJ"  (Michael Jackson) 3 inch heel sandals.  They were a tribute to him, as yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of his death.  The blisters I now have from the "MJ" sandals, are a 2 week reminder of my tribute to Michael.  Note to self:  Bring flats with you next time.  




The infamous "MJ" sandals ("BAD")


If you're looking to go on the Paddle Boat Queen, here are some more deatils...


Located at









Paddle Wheel Queen
NY Skyport Marina 
East 23rd Street and FDR Drive
New York, NY 10010 

Phone: 212-213-2002
Fax: 212 288-1857
Email:
pdwhqueen@aol.com

We did see some fireworks while on the boat.  FYI, they are doing a Fourth of July boat ride.  I'm sure this would be fantastic watching the Macy's fireworks display!

Here are some more pictures of the Paddle Boat Queen



   







                 
      




3 comments:

  1. All of this summer talk has me really looking forwward to my Alaska trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... that's one thing I'm not doing this summer. However, I heard about these duck tours in Boston in which this vehicle turns into a boat so that you can tour the charles river. It sounded good and I'm already planning my trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your favorite place to go over the summer?

    ReplyDelete